The Club has an active programme and many members take responsibility for helping to run its operations and activities. This includes committee work, operating the bar and galley, maintaining and improving the club facilities, and running sailing and social events.
The membership of the club as of 31st December 2015 is as follows:
- Single: 83
- Family: 42 (21 include cadets)
- Young person/Student: 3
- Cadets: 1
- Honorary: 5
- Associate members: 12
- Total: 146
Of these there are approximately 55 members regularly participating in racing activities.
After a period of growth between the late 90s and 2004, the membership is now stable with an annual turnover of around 15%. As an example in the 2015 season 29 members did not re-join but the Club gained 20 new members. However, the average age of membership is rising, which raises concerns about maintaining present membership levels and the related income.
Over recent years the club has invested in improved facilities and introduced some new activities:
- Built a new balcony
- Provided a longer term fix for the slipway
- Secure storage for Scout activities
- Opportunities for family and improvers
- Updated the support boat fleet
- Run open meetings for a variety of classes
- Collaborated with Lancing Sailing Club to run joint racing events
- Formed a mutually beneficial relationship with The Scouts