After the failed (too windy) first attempt the weather gods are going to test us again but hopefully we can pull it off as this Sunday it is Battle of the Beaches, an event co-organised with Lancing SC.
The race area is off the church of the Good Shepherd on Shoreham beach (a little further west of our normal sailing area) and it will be run on a trapezoid course from our own committe boat. Afterwards we have invited the Lancing SC members to Shoreham for food and a chance to mix with our fellow competitors
Here are the details;
- Date: July 26
- Sailing area: Off the church of the Good Shepherd
- Course: Trapezoid (using average lap times)
- Optimum length: 1 hr 15 mins
- Starts: 1 start for all boats (unless we have a HUGE turnout!)
- Number of races: Two races back-to-back
- Start time: 1100hrs
- Afterwards: Food and get-together after racing at Lancing SC
The last date in the series is 20 September (Barts Bash) and all races will constitute a series (with prizes!) and it is hoped that as many people from both clubs can qualify.