The Shoreham SC AGM is scheduled for Sunday 24 November at 10am at the clubhouse (to be followed by the last races of the Cooler series). We will update this page with the relevant documentation as it becomes available.
Please send all items for discussion to the Honorary Secretary no later than Sunday 3 November.
There are the following vacancies on the Shoreham SC committee for which we are looking for candidates – please feel free to contact the current committee members for further detail. All roles involve attendance at committee meetings – approximatly 8 per year. Please send an expression of interest or submit nominations to Lisa Whitney, as Honorary Secretary.
- Honorary Secretary: A valued member of the committee, who plans and organises meetings and takes down the minutes of committee meetings and the AGM.
- Sailing Secretary: The role involves preparing the annual race calendar (including open meetings), reviewing and updating established documentation and liaison with: dutyman and results administrators; class captains; National associations; Lancing SC. (One nomination received)
- Dutyman co-ordinator: Administer Dutyman with the support of two others and ensure all members are taking part. (One nomination received)
- Wayfarer Fleet captain: Acts as a liaison between the committee and the Wayfarer fleet to ensure their views are shared. (One nomination received)
- Catamaran Fleet Captain: Acts as a liaison between the committee and the Catamaran fleet to ensure their views are shared.
- Apologies for absence: Jeff McTaggart, Steve Popple, Philp Popple
- Approval of Minutes of 2018 AGM
- Matters Arising from 2018 AGM
- Chairman’s report:
- Treasurer’s report: Report for 2019 AGM (.pdf)
- Approval of accounts
- Re-elect auditor
- Club Development Plan
- Approve 2020 subscription and boat fees
- Subscriptions: Annual subscriptions to remain the same and joining fee reduced to £30
- Renewing members: We would like to reward our renewing members by offering a 5% early payment discount.
- Boat parking fees: To increase by £5 per boat type;
- Topper in racks: £20
- Small: £55
- Single: £60
- Double: £65
- Catamaran: £75
- Elect officers and committee members
- Any other business