As previously published, the delays with the build of our new slipway will mean that there will be a few changes for the start of the season.
To ensure we can all get out onto the water, the contractors will be creating a temporary slipway in the North West corner of the club.
We have published a revised sailing programme, which is based around high tide times to minimise the effort required during launch and recovery. There are a small number days when racing will not take place and our intention is to extend the season into November so that members will get their full quota of water time in.
Improver days and Adur Sailing sessions will continue as scheduled, however we have had to cancel the Open meeting for Wayfarers, Phantoms and National 12s.
Until the handover of our grounds from the contractors, additional boat parking is being made available behind secured fencing in the public car park – members returning boats are asked to bring their own tie-downs, and where possible tie their boats to their road trailers.
We appreciate that this is, perhaps, not ideal, however, it would be great if we could rally together to get out there and use our club as much as possible in order to prove the urgency and worth of the new slipway to all parties involved.
Thank you for your understanding and patience, and we look forward to seeing you all shortly on our temporary slipway!!